1. Rough classification of PCR deep well plate
1. Classified by the number of holes, the more common ones can be divided into 96-well plates, 384-well plates, and 96-well I-shaped plates.
2. According to the hole type classification, the 96-well plate can be mainly divided into round hole type and square hole type. The 384-well plates are all square wells.
3. According to the shape of the bottom of the hole, there are two common types: U-shaped and V-shaped.
2. Application scope of PCR deep well plate
1. Store samples:
It can replace conventional 1.5ml centrifuge tubes to store samples, and it is neatly placed during storage, saving space, with a large storage capacity, and can withstand -80°C refrigerators. Therefore, it is also called a storage block.
2. Processing samples:
It can be combined with row guns, high-throughput automatic liquid manipulation instruments, and software to achieve high-throughput operations on biological samples, such as protein precipitation and liquid-liquid extraction. Greatly improve the efficiency of sample processing. The PP material can withstand high temperatures and high pressure sterilization at 121°C.
3. Sampling operation:
Commonly used in various autosamplers, it can be directly placed in the sample compartment of the autosampler to inject samples. Compared with traditional vials, it can not only double the number of samples placed in the sample compartment, but also realize the Samples are injected directly after processing on the 96-well plate, which saves the tedious work of drawing samples back and forth, arranging samples, capping, inserting intubation tubes, and washing bottles.
3. Sterilization method
1. Radiation sterilization (gamma) will cause the overall color to be yellowish, but it will not affect the use.
2. Gas sterilization (ethylene oxide ring).
3. Electronic sterilization (radiation), the tip is generally sterilized by this method.